The Civilian Agency Industry Working Group provides a forum for the open exchange of government and industry views on performance-based management systems, including Earned Value Management (EVM) systems.
Specific objectives include:
- Promoting the understanding and implementation of a process that integrates systems engineering, scope management, cost estimating, procurement, risk management and scheduling,
- Supporting the review and coordination of civilian agency EVM policies, guidance and practices,
- Serving as a resource for EVM issues and concerns with civilian agency EVM policy, procedures, and practices,
- Analyzing and identifying solutions related to EVMS on major issues,
- Identifying best practices which contribute to improved management of schedule and costs,
- Researching and/or providing best practices guidance and assistance to government and industry partners,
- Providing a consolidated response on NDIA guides, OMB issues and policies, and GAO issues and reports,
- Rendering decisions and issuing positions where appropriate.